Closing date: 21 Feb 2017
SolidarMed is the Swiss organisation for health in Africa and improves health care for 1.5 million people in Lesotho, Moçambique, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe. SolidarMed sustainably strengthens and meaningfully expands existing health services.
We are offering an exciting position for an experienced project manager with a medical background and clinical skills. As part of the SolidarMed country programme in Lesotho, we are looking for a
Project Manager Primary Health Care (100 %)
The project “Health First Lesotho” (HFL) aims to improve access to integrated primary health care services with a focus on maternal and child health, HIV and TB, through clinical mentoring, capacity building, targeted investments and management support. It covers 2 hospitals and 10 health centres in the district of Butha Buthe in Lesotho.
Your tasks and responsibilities
· Implement and steer the project together with our experienced local team
· Plan, coordinate, supervise and report on project activities, based on logframe indicators
· Provide technical input to clinical mentoring, supervision and on-the-job training for health care workers
· Contribute both operationally and strategically to the further development and expansion of the project
· Assume responsibility for the management of the project cycle
· Active involvement in operational research and sharing lessons learnt with the Ministry of Health and other partners, both at district and country level.
· Collaborate with other project team(s)
· Medical professional (medicine, nursing) with at least three years of relevant work experience, preferably in southern Africa with clinical expertise in the area of Mother and Child Health; expertise in TB and HIV would be an asset.
· Additional degree in public health or equivalent
· Interest and experience in operational research and data management
· Experienced at leading teams
· Applied knowledge of project cycle management
· Fluent in written and spoken English, experienced and skilled at reporting
· Valid driving licence, comfortable driving off-road
Our preferred candidate will be confident and skilled at communicating at all levels, interculturally sensitive and socially competent, hands-on and proactive. S/he will be a team player, eager to contribute and willing to learn.
A professionally run health program in a safe African setting, with a motivated and competent team and flat hierarchies. There are opportunities for professional development and links with competence networks and international centres of expertise. This posting is suitable for families with young children, but no international schools are available. For details of the benefit package available, please see our General Conditions of Employment http://www.solidarmed.ch/en/solidarmed/jobs. Salary will be commensurate with experience. This is a fixed term appointment of three years with the possibility of extension.
How to apply:
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org citing reference “Project Manager Lesotho” and include
· your CV including 3 references
· a covering letter outlining your motivation and how you meet the requirements
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We kindly ask you not to send in duplicate copies of your resume; previous applicants need not re-apply.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis until the vacancy is filled.
· Start date: March 2017 or as soon as possible.
For further information, please email Raphaela Scholz-Daouk (email@example.com). We look forward to receiving your application!
Powered by Jobs Lesotho